Find out at the upcoming Design Week.
As Design Week PDX (DWP) gets ready to kick off this weekend, we’re busy prepping all the goodies for our Green Loop displays, interactive exhibits and discussions. This concept for a six-mile linear park around Portland’s urban core is the star attraction of DWP, starting with the opening night party on Saturday evening.
A “Big Idea” from the Central City 2035 Plan, the Green Loop concept has been shepherded by the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability’s Urban Design Studio, in collaboration with other bureaus, agencies and community stakeholders. Last year, the University of Oregon/Yeon Center for Architecture and the Landscape held a design competition called Loop PDX, which invited designers to flesh out the circular open space concept. Untitled Studios, a group of young designers, won the $20,000 prize and has spent the past year refining and expanding the concept based on a lot of public outreach.
They will be sharing their latest work at DWP Headquarters at The Redd all next week.
See what others are saying about it:
- Green Loop exhibit at Design Week Portland (KGW)
- Live From Portland Design Week (OPB's Think Out Loud)
- Design Week finds a place for civic engagement (Portland Business Journal)
- Check Out 'Design Week Portland's' Green Loop Exhibit (KGW Live at 7)
- Could Portland’s Proposed Green Loop Reshape the City? (Portland Monthly)
- STRONG DESIGN (Portland Tribune)
- The Many Ways the Green Loop Could Change Portland, Explained Live (Portland Monthly)
- News from the Green Loop blog