A step-by-step guide to use BottleDrop to save time and gain money.Read More…
Curbside Hotline: 503-823-7202
1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201
Where in the world will you find 21 green home remodels and new homes that invite you inside? At the 9th annual Build It Green! Home Tour on Saturday, September 25. This year’s tour highlights affordable housing, the Passive House Standard (a super-insulated house) and more small-footprint homes than ever before, all in the Portland metropolitan area.
This inspiring event is the only tour to feature Portland’s first permitted straw bale house, innovative affordable housing, a 200 square foot backyard home (accessory dwelling unit), a timber frame home, verdant ecoroofs, an 1884 historic renovation and diverse owner -designed and -built projects for every budget.
Many of the homes include solar panels, ecoroofs, rainwater harvesting, natural landscaping, water and energy conservation, reused building materials, alternative construction techniques and much more. Homeowners and contractors will be available to share their personal experiences and answer questions.
• Presented by the City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
• Also sponsored by Metro, Energy Trust of Oregon, Solar Oregon, Oregon Home magazine, and City of Portland Bureaus of Environmental Services, Development Services and Water.
• Saturday, September 25, 2010
• Tour the homes from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Twenty tour stops throughout the Portland metro area
• Information Fair: A fun, FREE, family-friendly information fair will follow, with green vendors, demonstrations, food, drink and music. From 3 p.m. -7 p.m. Hosted by Ecohaus, 819 SE Taylor St, Portland
• Tickets: $15 adults; $10 car-free/students/honored citizens; FREE for children under 14
• Tickets available beginning August 13, 2010 at Ecohaus (819 SE Taylor St. in Portland, 503.222.3881).