There will be no collection schedule changes for garbage, recycling and yard debris during the 2010 holiday season. Questions? Contact your garbage and recycling company or the Curbside Hotline at 503-823-7202. Seasonal information is available online at www.portlandonline.com/bps/carts. Below are resources for recycling holiday trees.
Tree recycling options
- Make sure to remove all your special ornaments, lights, tinsel, wire, nails, stands and other materials that are not part of the tree.
- Trees will not be accepted with garbage and will only be accepted with yard debris.
- Whole tree: There will be a charge of $4 for trees under eight feet and $6 for taller trees.
- Tree pieces: Use your green Portland Composts! roll cart and cut the trunk and branches into pieces less than 36 inches long and four inches in diameter.
- Extra bundle or can is $3.00.
- Donate your tree to a nonprofit organization for a small fee.
Contact Metro Recycling Information for:
- Reuse and recycling resources for non-curbside materials.
- Drop-off locations or pickup service for holiday trees.