Central City 2035 continues its Symposium Series with the second Willamette River Symposium on Friday, February 25. Full event details can be found on the Central City calendar.
The February 25 Symposium will continue the discussion from the first Willamette River Symposium on February 4. Documents, handouts, and a summary of the event can be found online at the Central Reach Website.
Willamette River Symposium #2 Agenda - February 25, 2011
- Review the results of the February 4th symposium
- The policy concepts that we've discussed so far have been focused primarily on a single element. Within the context of the issues that we've discussed and others that face the river today, how can we achieve development, access, and vibrancy, and at the same time protect and restore natural resources and watershed health?
- Is it important or beneficial to integrate development, access, vibrancy and watershed health on every site? If not, at what scale should integration happen?
- Using several key waterfront sites that are likely to change significantly in the next 25 year, how can we integrate the following elements: a Clean and Healthy River; Prosperous Working Harbor; Portland's Front Yard; Vibrant Waterfront Districts and Neighborhoods; and Partnership, Leadership, and Education?
- Are there sites that are likely to change significantly in the next 25 years where it will be challenging to integrate the elements?
- How can we capture the thinking that emerged in a-c above in policy statements or concepts?
- Public comment
- Final comments
- Next Steps
The CC2035 team will make reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities. Please notify us no fewer than five (5) business days prior to the event by phone 503-823-7700, by the TTY line at 503-823-6868 or by the Oregon Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.