About the District Liaison Program
The Bureau has assigned a city planner to one of six areas of the city, called districts. These planners serve as liaisons between the Bureau and community partners to help neighborhoods and commercial areas flourish as great places to live, work, shop, learn, gather and play.
The District Liaisons’ responsibilities are to:
- Understand each district's issues, needs and opportunities
- Build relationships with community members
- Gather and share information
- Infuse City projects, policies and investments with community priorities
- Serve as technical advisors and resources for neighbors, organizations, businesses and institutions
- Tackle planning, design and development challenges through collaborative quick-response projects
District Liaisons are key participants in the City's Comprehensive Plan Update.
Contact the District Liaisons
East Portland – Christina Scarzello, 503-823-7716
North Portland – Leslie Lum, 503-823-7896
Northeast Portland – Nan Stark, 503-823-3986
Southeast Portland – Marty Stockton, 503-823-2041
West Portland – Joan Frederiksen, 503-823-3111