The N/NE Quadrant Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) held its last meeting on August 2nd to make final recommendations on the N/NE Quadrant and I-5 Broadway/Weidler Plans. These plans will be forwarded to the Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission, Portland City Council and Oregon Transportation Commission this fall.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- The SAC reviewed final amendments to the I-5 Facility Plan, which lays out recommended improvements to the Broadway/Weidler Interchange and surrounding local streets. The Facility Plan was previously endorsed by the committee at their June 7 meeting by majority-minority vote, with all but three members present voting for the proposal.
- The SAC endorsed the revised and amended draft N/NE Quadrant Plan, which will update the long-range plan for the Lower Albina and Lloyd Districts of the Central City, by a consensus vote. The draft plan had been revised to address comments received on the previous version reviewed by the SAC at their June 28th meeting.
- SAC members were recognized for their service and thanked for their dedication of time and commitment to the process. Special thanks were given to Gary Warren for generously hosting numerous SAC meetings at Calaroga Terrace. Committee Co-Chairs Lloyd Lindley and Tracy Whalen and several other members remarked on the good working relationship of the committee and the positive outcome – a plan for a better place – that was a result of the joint City and ODOT process.
Please see the meeting packet for other meeting documents and information.
The recommendations of the N/NE Quadrant Stakeholder Advisory Committee will be forwarded on to City and State decision-makers for adoption. The public is invited to attend and testify at public hearings. Specific dates and times will be posted to the calendar as they are available.
- Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission – 9/11/12 Public Hearing (public testimony); 9/25/12 Work Session and Recommendation (no testimony)
- Portland City Council - October, 2012
- Oregon Transportation Commission - December, 2012