Comprehensive Plan Update – Community Involvement Committee (CIC)
Date and time: January 23, 2013
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location:1900 SW 4th Avenue,Portland, Conference Room 2500A
Welcome (11:30 a.m.)
Discussion Leader: Howard Shapiro, Chair
Description: Review today’s agenda and approve the 12/12/12 meeting notes
Announcements (11:35 a.m.)
- See CIC meeting dates for 2013 and upcoming PEG meetings on the back of the agenda.
- Distribute Working Draft Part 1 of the Comprehensive Plan.
CIC decisions and follow up actions (11:45 a.m.)
Discussion Leader: Howard Shapiro and Stan Penkin, Executive Subcommittee
- Check-in on possible subcommittee work for February meeting or before.
- Discuss potential structure of February meeting.
- CIC role at the February/March workshops.
Workshop update (12:00 p.m.)
Presenter: MartyStockton, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Report on the workshop format.
- Announce business workshop date and format.
Survey/Questionnaire for Working Draft Part 1 (12:15 p.m.)
Discussion Leader: Alex Howard, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Clarity about the purpose of the survey/questionnaire.
- Direction for how to present/describe the survey/questionnaire.
- Feedback on question design.
Community District Discussion Series (12:45 p.m.)
Discussion Leader: Joan Frederiksen, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Overview of community district discussion series.
- Discuss and provide feedback on the education and discussion modules.
Communications Update (1:00 p.m.)
Presenter:EdenDabbs, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
- Discuss and provide feedback on the Communications Plan leading up to the Workshops.
- Share the following: E-News, ads/postcards/mailers, overview, equity handout, etc.
Public comment (1:15 p.m.)
Next steps (1:25 p.m.)
Discussion Leader: Howard Shapiro, Chair
- Next CIC meeting will be Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact Marty Stockton, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability at 503-823-2041 or email@example.com.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Planning and Sustainability Commission - Comp Plan – Working Draft briefing, Tuesday, January 22, 6:00p.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Conference Room 2500
- Fix It Fair, Saturday, January 26th, 9:30a.m. to 3:00p.m.; Self Enhancement, INC., 3920 N Kerby Ave
- Planning and Sustainability Commission - Comp Plan – Scenarios Report briefing, Tuesday, February 12, 12:30p.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Conference Room 2500
Policy Expert Groups and Working Groups –January/February Meetings
- Neighborhood Centers PEG meeting, Thursday, January 17, 8:00-10:00a.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 7th Floor, Conference Room 7A
- Community Involvement PEG meeting, Thursday, January 18, 6:00-8:00p.m.; City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue, Pettygrove Conference Room
- Watershed Health and Environment PEG meeting, Wednesday, January 23, 4:00-6:00p.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Conference Room 2500A
- Networks PEG meeting, Wednesday, January 30, 3:00-5:00p.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 7th Floor, Conference Room 7A
- Infrastructure Equity PEG meeting, Wednesday, February 6, 10:00a.m-12:00p.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Conference Room 2500A
- Residential Development and Compatibility PEG meeting, Thursday, February 14, 4:00-6:00p.m., Conference Room 7A
- Economic Development PEG meeting, Wednesday, February 20, 11:30a.m. to 1:30p.m.; 1900 SW 4th Avenue, 7th Floor, Conference Room 7A
CIC – Meetings in 2013
- Wednesday, January 23rd*
- Wednesday, February 27th
- Wednesday, March 27th*
- Wednesday, April 24th
- Wednesday, May 22nd*
- Wednesday, June 26th
- Wednesday, July 24th*
- Wednesday, August 28th
- Wednesday, September 25th*
- Wednesday, October 23rd
- Wednesday, November 27th*
All meetings will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in 2500A on the 2nd Floor unless otherwise noted. A light lunch will be served.
The bold/asterisk denotes the dates for the formal committee meetings. Every other month will be reserved for subcommittee work. While everyone is expected to attend the formal committee meetings, we want as many of the CIC members to attend the every other month subcommittee meetings to broaden input into subcommittee work.