Community Involvement Policy Expert Group
Meeting No. 10
Date: March 21, 2013
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue,Portland, Pettygrove Room
- Review and critique the Working Draft Community Involvement goals and policies through the lenses of equity and state’s land use planning program guidelines
Welcome, Meeting Overview and Introductions (6:00 p.m. / 5 minutes)
Presenter: Marty Stockton, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS) / PEG Co-lead
Updates and Announcements (6:05 p.m. / 10 minutes)
Presenters: Paul Leistner, Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI) and Marty Stockton, BPS / PEG Co-leads
- Work and progress from the PIAC Comprehensive Plan Work Group from March meeting
- Update on community workshops and upcoming events
DISCUSSION: Discuss and Critique Draft CI Policies through an Equity Lens (6:15 p.m. / 45 minutes)
Presenter: Desiree Williams-Rajee, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
Description: Desiree will present key findings from the equity review of the draft goals and policies and facilitate a group discussion toward recommended improvements to the Working Draft to achieve more equitable outcomes from the Comprehensive Plan projects and processes.
- Equity Technical Memo Summary - Prepared for the Community Involvement PEG
- Analysis Questions
DISCUSSION: Discuss and Critique Draft CI Policies against the Oregon Blueprint for a Citizen Involvement Program (7:00 p.m. / 45 minutes)
Presenter: Paul Leistner, ONI / PEG Co-lead and Greg Greenway / PEG and PIAC work group member
Description: Paul and Greg will present an organization of Working Draft goals and policies through the lens of the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development’s “Blueprint for a Citizen Involvement Program”. PEG members will discuss and critique how the Working Draft could be improved to incorporate better the Blueprint ideals.
- Blueprint for a Citizen Involvement Program (OregonDLCD)
Public Comment (7:45 p.m. / 10 minutes)
Next Steps and PEG Check-in (7:55 p.m. / 5 minutes)
Presenter: MartyStockton, BPS
- Preparation / assignments for April meeting
- PEG Check-in: Are you getting the information and support needed to be effective? Is the process working / what changes do we need to consider? Please complete evaluation form.
Adjourn (8:00 p.m.)
For more information, please contact either Marty Stockton, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability at 503-823-2041 or email@example.com; Paul Leistner, Office of Neighborhood Involvement at 503-823-5284 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Deb Meihoff, Facilitator at 503-358-3404 or email@example.com.