The Portland-Milwaukie light rail line is under construction and will open in 2015. Next month, the City of Portland will begin the process of updating the vision and long-range plan for the new station areas at OMSI, Clinton, Rhine and Holgate. This effort will explore potential land use, urban design and transportation concepts for these four station areas, with a focus on:
- Increasing employment opportunities.
- Supporting and complementing existing residential neighborhoods, commercial/retail corridors and institutional centers.
A series of public work sessions, neighborhood walks and a 2-day design charrette will be held over the summer to get community input about the future character of the station areas. All interested community members and stakeholders are invited to participate.
Upcoming June events are listed below. See the flyer for a full schedule of summer events.
Inner SE Station Area Planning Events – June 2013
- Station Area Working Group Meeting #1: Thursday, June 6, 5-8 p.m.
- Neighborhood Walk: Rhine and Holgate Stations: Saturday, June 8, 9–11 a.m.
- Neighborhood Walk: OMSI and Clinton Stations: Thursday, June 13, 4–7 p.m.