Get involved in the future of your city! Help ensure that the perspectives of all Portlanders are reflected in the Comprehensive Plan Update by serving on the Community Involvement Committee (CIC).
As a member of the CIC, you will review and provide input on the public involvement efforts for the Comprehensive Plan Update. The advisory committee makes recommendations to the Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission (PSC) and project staff on ways to maintain and improve its public involvement activities to ensure outreach efforts for the plan are as inclusive and effective as possible. Applicants should have an interest in the public process and be able to share ideas for enhancing the City-Community partnership.
Member Qualifications and Skills
Community members who are interested in serving on the CIC should have the following:
- Strong interest in and understanding of public involvement processes.
- Commitment to the City’s goal for the CIC: To oversee and strengthen the community’s involvement and capacity to participate with the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS), partner City bureaus and government agencies in the development of the Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Willingness to contribute to successful group work.
- Ability to commit 2-3 hours for quarterly meetings, plus: meeting preparation time, public involvement events, presenting at Planning and Sustainability Commission or City Council, etc.
- Live, work and/or go to school in the City of Portland.
- Review public involvement methods, activities and results. Approximate end date for the Comprehensive Plan Update is June 2015.
- Review and make recommendations for involvement methods and activities for the coming quarter.
- Consider issues and concerns from a citywide perspective.
Final consideration and appointments will be made by the Mayor and approved by City Council by November 2013.
Learn more about the Comprehensive Plan Update.