Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Planning and Sustainability

Innovation. Collaboration. Practical Solutions.

Phone: 503-823-7700

Curbside Hotline: 503-823-7202

1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

If my property is proposed for a change, can I continue its current use?

Generally yes, as long as it’s a use that is allowed by the zone you are in today. If your property is re-designated to a new category and subsequently re-zoned, and the new zone doesn’t allow the use (for example, a store in a residential zone), there are ways that you may be able to acknowledge and allow your use to continue as “non-conforming” (i.e., grandfathered). If you have questions, please call 503-823-0195.