This packet includes only the pages affected by the update. Please note, subsequent updates may have modified these pages. The links to chapters in the chart below will provide the current version of the chapter.
Contents of Update Packet #171 (effective 1/1/2016)
The attached Code Update Pages are to update code based on the Accessory Structures project, Ordinance #187471.
Contact: Phil Nameny, 503-823-7709
Accessory Structures Zoning Code Update, including:
- Create a set of of setback and height standards that emphasize the structure form (setbacks, height, and bulk) over function (how the accessory structure is us used).
- Expand the setback exception for detachaed garages in certain zones to apply to other covered accessory structures of a similar size and bulk.
- Revise detached Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) regulations to more closely algin with other covered detached accessory structures.
- Apply the current ADU design standards universally to all detached covered structures that are over 15-feet in height, that are accessory to single dwelling development. Expand the standards to provide greater flexibility.
- Expand standards for detached uncovered vertical strucutres such as trellises or arbors so that the regulations are similar to those for detached covered accessory structures.
- Provide additional flexibility for the location of residential mechanical equipment.
- Reformat the accessory structure regulations to improve clarity.
|Chapter||Remove Pages||Insert Pages||Changed because of:|
|33.110||1-2, 9-42||1-2, 9-46||amended|
|33.120||1-2, 17-54||1-2, 17-58||amended|
|33.130||9-10, 13-16, 35-38||9-10, 13-16, 35-38||amended|
|33.205||All||All||amended, chapter reformat|
|33.266||1-2, 31-32||1-2, 31-32||typo|
|33.564||All||All||typo, chapter reformat|
|33.720||All||All||typo, chapter reformat|
|33.810||All||All||typo, chapter reformat|
|33.910||1-2, 11-16, 39-40||1-2, 11-16, 39-40||amended|
|33.930||3-4, 15-16||3-4, 15-16||amended|
The official Title 33, Planning and Zoning (Zoning Code) is the printed copy in the Development Services Center. PDFs available on this website are not the official text of Title 33, Planning and Zoning. Although every effort is made to ensure that the two texts are identical, errors or differences may remain. It is the user's responsibility to verify the legal accuracy of all provisions.
Suggestions on how to improve these notifications? Send us an email.
Look what's new!
We recently published an interactive Zoning Code map showing the existing zoning for the City of Portland. You can search by address or click around to find the zoning for any property within the city.