Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Planning and Sustainability

Innovation. Collaboration. Practical Solutions.

Phone: 503-823-7700

Curbside Hotline: 503-823-7202

1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201

More Contact Info

Request Utility Data

Building owners may request aggregate energy data from their energy utility. This service is most helpful for:

  • Buildings that have several energy meters.
  • Buildings with separately metered tenants.
  • Building managers that do not have historical utility billing information available from online or paper bills.

To receive and report accurate energy usage information, the building owner must identify all the utility meters serving the building. If your building has four or fewer separately metered tenants, you will need to obtain utility data release forms signed by the tenant account holder served by each meter.

Utilities typically begin accepting and processing energy usage data requests in early February each year.

To request your aggregate energy use data, obtain the tenant data release form, or to ask questions, visit:

Pacific Power:

Portland General Electric (PGE):

NW Natural (Gas): 

If you would like a a sample tenant information request cover letter for the tenant data release form, please refer to Appendix B of the Energy Reporting How-to Guide.