Portland’s new Comprehensive Plan addresses air quality in policy Chapter 7: Environment and Watershed Health.
That’s the future. If you want to find out more about what’s happening right now in the air around you and how people are reacting to recent reports of harmful toxins in residential neighborhoods, the links below offer information and resources.
Maps and other documents from public agencies
- Oregon Health Authority Metals Emissions
- Oregon DEQ Portland metals
- Multco Air Quality: A community concern
- Air Toxics: Questions and Answers
- Stress and Worry, A Normal Response to Potential Environmental Exposures
- Healthy Gardening Fact Sheet
- OHA Cancer Incidence Evaluation Southeast Portland, 2009-13
- Laboratories Serving Oregon Soil, Water, Plant Tissue and Feed Analysis
- Complete video of community open house on air quality, Cleveland High School, February 9, 2016
- Complete video of community open house on air quality, Tubman School, February 18, 2106
- Chair Deborah Kafoury, Mayor Charlie Hales letter to Gov. Kate Brown