A 10-member Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) comprised of urban design professionals, historic preservation advocates, and historic district stakeholders will help inform the development of Design Guidelines for the New Chinatown/Japantown Historic District. A consultant team that includes Waterleaf Architecture, Peter Meijer Architect, and JLA Public Involvement, will assist in the development of the draft Design Guidelines documents.
All SAC meetings are open to the public, with opportunities for comment provided at the end of each meeting.
The SAC members are as follows:
- Jackie Peterson—Old Town Chinatown Community Association
- Joren Bass—Urban Development + Partners
- Katherine Schultz—Guardian Real Estate Services
- Will Naito—Naito Development LLC
- Brian Kimura—Nikkei Legacy Center
- Neil Lee—Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association
- Hermann Colas—Colas Construction
- Hillary Adam—Bureau of Development Services
- Peggy Moretti—Restore Oregon
- Matthew Roman—Portland Historic Landmarks Commission