Recap of July 26 hearing
The Planning and Sustainability Commission (PSC) opened public hearings on the Proposed Draft Central City 2035 Plan (CC2035) on July 26. More than 60 people signed up to testify, and over 50 community members have submitted written testimony to date.
Testimony covered a range of topics, including:
- The need for new structures in historic districts to be compatible with the historic character around them.
- The importance of protecting public views of surrounding mountains and natural features.
- Strategies for supporting the creation of low-carbon buildings.
- Requests from property owners and residents for changes to zoning and allowed building heights.
- Support for big ideas and projects proposed in the CC2035 Plan such as the Green Loop, which is envisioned to be an open space pedestrian/bicycle path.
- Comments regarding the proposed changes to parking requirements.
Continued public hearing and testimony opportunities
The PSC will continue the CC2035 public hearing on August 9 at 5:30 p.m. Portlanders can sign-up to provide oral testimony starting at 3:30 p.m. in Room C of the Portland Building. Oral testimony will be limited to two minutes per person and may be changed at the PSC Chair’s discretion.
Planning and Sustainability Commission Public Hearing on the Central City 2035 Plan
Tuesday, August 9, 5:30 p.m.
The Portland Building
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Room C (2nd floor)
Note: The PSC meeting starts at 4 p.m. with a work session on another project. CC2035 testifiers are welcome to attend the work session, but Commissioners will not take testimony on CC2035 until the hearing opens at or after 5:30 p.m.
The PSC also invites written testimony on the CC2035 proposal through August 9, 2016:
- Via the Map App: Testify about specific properties or transportation proposals through the Map App.
- By email: email@example.com
- By U.S. Mail:
Planning and Sustainability Commission
City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201
Attn: CC2035 Testimony
Learn how to testify to the PSC; read Tips for Effective Testimony.
Note: All testimony to the PSC is considered public record, and testifiers' name, address and any other information included in the testimony will be posted on the website.
More information about and proposed amendments to the CC2035 Plan
Since the July 26 hearing, project staff provided the PSC with a memo that updates them on a few topics. These are briefly identified in the bullets below. More details can be found in the memo.
- TSP maps: At the request of Commissioner Chris Smith, Portland Bureau of Transportation staff have created versions of the Transportation System Plan (TSP) Street Classification Maps, which now include streets outside the Central City boundary. This is intended to show how streets in the Central City connect to the surrounding bike, freight and other street networks outside of the plan district.
- Corrections to actions: Staff identified discrepancies between transportation studies and projects in Volume 2B and the actions in Volume 5. A corrected version of Volume 5 will be provided for the first PSC work session on September 29, 2016.
- Disclosures: Updated information about West Quadrant Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committee member conflict of interest disclosures.