Prepare your holiday tree for pick-up by removing all tinsel, lights, ornaments, wire, nails, stands and other materials that cannot be composted. Trees covered in fake snow are not accepted for composting and must be disposed of as garbage.
Curbside Collection: TREE PIECES
- Cut the trunk and branches into pieces less than 36 inches long and 4 inches in diameter and place in green composting roll cart.
- Ensure that any tree pieces in your green roll cart do not poke above the lip of the cart; 135 pound weight limit.
- Tie bundles securely with string or twine; 45 pound weight limit.
- Leave extra bundles or cans of yard debris at the curb for a fee of $3.75 each.
Curbside Collection: WHOLE TREE
* Place trees 6 feet and under next to your green roll cart at the curb on your collection day for $4.50.
* Cut larger trees down to 6 feet to ensure driver safety.
Non-profit pick-up: WHOLE TREE
* Ask Metro to find a non-profit organization that will pick up for a fee. 503-234-3000
Need help remembering garbage day?
Visit www.garbagedayreminders.com to receive free email reminders.
Have a question for our Curbside Hotline Operator?
Submit your question online or call 503-823-7202.