This packet includes only the pages affected by the update. Please note, subsequent updates may have modified these pages. The links to chapters in the chart below will provide the current version of the chapter.
Contact: Tyler Bump, 503-823-3527
The Inclusionary Housing Zoning Code Project creates a new chapter in Title 33 that mandates on-site or off-site affordable housing production, as well as the option for a fee-in-lieu payment, in order to implement the Portland Housing Bureau Inclusionary Housing Program consistent with SB 1533.
- Creates a new chapter in Title 33 (33.245) to require that all development projects with 20 or more
- dwelling units in one building provide affordable housing.
- Amends base zones and the Central City and Gateway plan districts to provide floor area or density
- bonuses in exchange for providing affordable housing.
- Amends minimum parking standards for residential development the provides affordable housing.
- Additional technical code amendments to implement the City’s Inclusionary Housing Program.
Contents of Update Packet #178 (effective 2/1/2017):
|Chapter||Remove Pages||Insert Pages||Changed because of:|
|List of Chapters||All||All||Amended|
|TOC & Index||All||All||Amended|
|33.120||1-2, 15-58||1-2, 15-60||Amended|
|33.130||1-2, 7-38||1-2, 7-40||Amended|
|200s Contents Sheet||All||All||Amended|
|33.245||n/a: new chapter||All||Amended|
|33.266||1-8, 33-34||1-8, 33-34||Amended|
|33.566||All||All||Reformatted [deleted chapter page insert]|
The official Title 33, Planning and Zoning (Zoning Code) is the printed copy in the Development Services Center. PDFs available on this website are not the official text of Title 33, Planning and Zoning. Although every effort is made to ensure that the two texts are identical, errors or differences may remain. It is the user's responsibility to verify the legal accuracy of all provisions.
Suggestions on how to improve these notifications? Send us an email.
Look what's new!
We recently published an interactive Zoning Code map showing the existing zoning for the City of Portland. You can search by address or click around to find the zoning for any property within the city.