Now that City Council has adopted the Early Implementation projects that update the Zoning Map and Zoning Code to carry out the goals and policies in the 2035 Comprehensive Plan, Portlanders may be wondering how the City will transition to the new rules.
After acknowledgement by the state Department of Land Conservation and Development, the 2035 Comprehensive Plan and the Early Implementation projects will take effect on January 1, 2018, replacing the current Comprehensive Plan that was adopted in 1980.
If you want to know what’s happening between now and January 2018 and how to stay informed, we’ve got some resources for you!
- Updated information about the 2035 Comprehensive Plan
- Overview information about the transition period
- Information about properties affected by the 2035 Comprehensive Plan
- Overview of the State acknowledgement process
- 2035 Comprehensive Plan Follow-up projects taking place in 2017
If you have questions about the 2035 Comprehensive Plan process, call the Comp Plan Helpline at 503-823-0195 or email email@example.com.