This packet includes only the pages affected by the update. Please note, subsequent updates may have modified these pages. The links to chapters in the chart below will provide the current version of the chapter.
Contact: Kathryn Hartinger at 503-823-9714
Substantive changes: RICAP 8
- Introduce new regulations to encourage regularly shaped lots in land divisions and property line adjustments.
- Allow the creation of up to 3 lots in one lot consolidation procedure and provide a process to remove conditions of approval that are no longer relevant.
- Create a new measurement standard clarifying existing policy – generally, that development standards apply to sites after ROW dedication. However, when site area is being dedicated to widen an existing public right-of-way, calculation of floor area ration (FAR) will be based on the site area at the time of building permit application.
- Remove the forward ingress/egress requirement for Type B loading spaces accessed from a local
- service street, outside of the Central City.
- Require notice and a 120-day delay for the removal of ranked resources from the City’s Historic Resource Inventory.
Contents of Update Packet #180 (effective 3/31/2017):
|Chapter||Remove Pages||Insert Pages||Changed because of|
|33.110||9-10, 45-46||9-10, 45-46||amended|
|33.120||39-48, 59-60||39-48, 59-60||amended|
|33.207||3-4, 7-8||3-4, 7-8||amended (figure 207-1)|
|33.445||1-2, 5-30||1-2, 5-30||amended|
|33.465||3-8, 23-26||3-8, 23-26||amended|
|33.515||47-48 (Maps 515-5)||47-48 (Maps 515-5)||typo|
|33.562||5-8, 17-18||5-8, 17-18||amended|
|33.730||9-12, 29-36||9-12, 29-36||amended|
The official Title 33, Planning and Zoning (Zoning Code) is the printed copy in the Development Services Center. PDFs available on this website are not the official text of Title 33, Planning and Zoning. Although every effort is made to ensure that the two texts are identical, errors or differences may remain. It is the user's responsibility to verify the legal accuracy of all provisions.
Suggestions on how to improve these notifications? Send us an email.
Look what's new!
We recently published an interactive Zoning Code map showing the existing zoning for the City of Portland. You can search by address or click around to find the zoning for any property within the city.