Off-road cycling trails are made from dirt or other natural components — instead of concrete pavement. Off-road cycling facilities also include bicycle parks with skill areas and family recreation. Off-road cycling can be several different types of bike riding, including:
- A leisurely bicycle ride along a smooth dirt trail.
- A more technically or aerobically challenging ride with additional obstacles, hills or distance.
- A ride at a pump track or skill park.
- A mountain biking or cyclocross race.
The Discussion Draft includes proposed locations for three different types of off-road facilities:
- Bicycle parks
- Natural surface off-road cycling trails
- Urban off-road cycling trails
These facilities are for all riders — beginner to advanced. They are places where kids and adults can be active and have fun outside, spend time with friends and family, practice riding skills without car traffic, and experience nature and the city.