The Portland City Council has begun deliberations on the Central City 2035 Plan. This long-range plan for the heart of the city – and the region – will set the stage for growth and development over the next 20 years.
During public hearings in September and through written testimony, Commissioners heard from more than 100 community members about the new plan for the city center and received roughly 600 pieces of written testimony. Now Council is engaged in deliberations on amendments to the plan, which each of the Commissioners have submitted.
Commissioners begin drafting amendments
On October 18 Council discussed issues of interest and considered draft amendments to the main components of the plan on topics such as:
- Height and FAR
- Scenic views
- Transportation System Plan (TSP)
- Zoning and use allowances
- Eco roofs
No votes or public testimony were taken. Council continued the discussion of the some of these agenda items to future meetings about CC2035.
Review the Summary of City Council Deliberations on October 18, 2017.
Learn more about past Council meetings, read the minutes or hear the audio recording.
Watch Council sessions on video tape.
Upcoming Council Sessions
UPDATE: November 2 Council session rescheduled for November 29
The Council deliberation session scheduled for November 2 has been moved to November 29.
On Wednesday, November 29 at 4 p.m., City Council’s deliberation will include the following items:
- Scenic views (continued)
- Green buildings (continued)
- Bonuses and transfers
- Trails, parks and open space
- Miscellaneous code and map amendments
The agenda and materials for this session will be posted before Thanksgiving.
Additional Council sessions
- 2 p.m., time certain – Council session
January 3, 2018
- 2 p.m., time certain – Council session (CANCELED)
- 2 p.m., time certain – Public hearing on amendments (amendments package to be published in early January)
March 2018 (anticipated)
- Council vote on amendments
May 2018 (anticipated)
- Council final vote (The CC2035 vote must follow the Comprehensive Plan effective date, which is currently anticipated to be May 2018.)
June 2018 (anticipated)
- Effective date for CC2035 (30 days after the Council vote)
How to stay informed and connected
You can track Council’s deliberation sessions so you know what amendments will be coming up at the public hearing in the following ways: