On May 2, 2018, the Portland City Council concluded their discussion of amendments to the Map Refinement Project. They approved over 50 amendments, many of which were minor and technical.
Some of the most significant decisions made by Commissioners included:
- Affordable Housing: Several sites owned by or in partnership with affordable housing providers were evaluated for and then adopted with map changes.
- Bureau coordination: Map changes supported the work and public services provided by the Bureau of Development Services, Bureau of Environmental Services, Portland Housing Bureau and Portland Parks & Recreation.
- Centers and corridors: Redevelopment opportunities were enhanced on key sites and intersections in support of the City’s growth strategy.
- Industrial land: Barriers were removed to industrial land.
- Regional trails: Two regional trail segments were added to complete mapped trail alignments.
Portland City Council is expected to vote to adopt the Map Refinement Project on May 24, 2018, at 2 p.m., and the corresponding map changes are expected to become effective at that time.
For more information on this project visit https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/73388.