SAVE THE DATE: Jan. 15, 2020, is first public hearing on updates to single-dwelling zones.Read More…
Curbside Hotline: 503-823-7202
1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201
Over the past few months, the Residential Infill Project team has been revising the Proposed Draft to reflect the Planning and Sustainability Commission’s (PSC) possible amendments and preparing materials to answer questions about how the proposed new rules will affect Portland's single-dwelling neighborhoods:
Now the highlights of the Revised Proposed Draft will be presented to the PSC on Tuesday, February 12, starting around 2 p.m. You can watch the briefing live on the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability YouTube channel.
After hearing public testimony on the initial proposals to "right size" the scale of new development and increase housing options in single-dwelling zones, commissioners requested changes to:
• Areas with flood or landslide hazards or significant natural resources. These areas, designated by a new “z” Constrained Sites overlay zone, will retain existing regulations for corner duplexes or one accessory dwelling unit with a house.
• Lots that do not meet minimum lot sizes for three or four units (R2.5 = 3,200 sq ft; R5 = 4,500 sq ft; R7 = 5,000 sq ft)
• Infrastructure constraints, including lack of paved streets, sewer or water service.
• 2,500 sq ft – one house (same as Proposed Draft)
• 3,000 sq ft – one building with two units
• 3,500 sq ft – one building with three or four units
The following Revised Proposed Draft reports have been posted on the project website.
Appendices that have not been revised can be found here.
(Please confirm the date and time on the agenda one week prior by visiting the PSC calendar)
The PSC’s possible amendments took into consideration the public testimony they received last spring on the Proposed Draft of the Residential Infill Project. They are anticipating making their recommendations to the City Council in March. The public will be able to provide testimony on these recommendations to City Council as part of their review — anticipated in summer 2019.
The dates of the eight PSC work sessions and accompanying materials are posted on the project website under Planning and Sustainability Commission Materials. All PSC meetings are streamed live, and past meetings may be viewed at Portland BPS YouTube channel.
For general information about the project
Visit the website: www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/infill.
Or give us a call:
The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability is committed to providing meaningful access. For accommodations, modifications, translation, interpretation or other services, please call 503-823-7700 or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service 711. 503-823-7700.