The 82nd Avenue Study project looks at the development potential of properties along 82nd Avenue and identifies barriers that can be addressed in the near term with an eye toward long-term solutions.
A report summarizing the effort, the 82nd Avenue Study: Understanding Barriers to Development Draft Report, has been available for public review since December 2018. The study explores the challenges of and opportunities for new development in this major north/south corridor, along with potential transportation improvements.
The report includes the following near-term actions:
- The Bureau of Planning and Sustainability (BPS) is proposing a small number of map changes along the 82nd Ave corridor to remove barriers to redevelopment.
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) is proposing safety improvements and changes to property dedications during redevelopment to provide wider sidewalks along 82nd Ave.
To read more about these near-term actions, see the Planning and Sustainability Commission Materials (February 2019).
Testify to the PSC at public hearing
Now the Planning and Sustainability Commission (PSC) will hold a public hearing on the Draft Report and the near-term actions described above. This is your chance to tell the Commission what you like and think could be improved about the proposed zoning changes and transportation proposals.
How to Testify in person
On Tuesday, March 12, starting at 12:30 p.m., the PSC will hear testimony from community members about the 82nd Avenue Study: Understanding Barriers to Development Draft Report. The Commission is committed to effective public involvement and is looking forward to hearing from you.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to testify in person at the hearing:
- What: Public hearing with the Planning and Sustainability Commission re: the 82nd Ave Study
- When: March 12 at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: 1900 SW 4th Avenue (SW 4th and Hall Street), 2nd floor
- Need help or additional information? Project staff will be on hand starting at 11:30 a.m. to help people sign up to testify.
Can’t make the hearing?
You may also testify to the PSC in writing via:
- The Map App – Click on the “testify” button and fill in the blanks. You can read your testimony and others in real time.
- By U.S. Mail:
Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission
82nd Avenue Study Testimony
1900 SW 4th Ave, Suite 7100
Portland, OR 97201
Written testimony must be received by noon on March 12, 2019.