In Portland, the items you can recycle are the same whether you are at home or at work. When you recycle correctly, more materials will get remanufactured into new things.
Top 6 items to keep out of your recycling container —throw them in your garbage or better yet, don’t buy them in the first place!
- Plastic bags, plastic film and wrappers
- Paper and plastic drink cups, straws and coffee cups
- Frozen food boxes and trays
- To-go containers and “clamshells”
- Styrofoam™ blocks and foam peanuts
- Diapers, of course!
Learn what’s in and what’s out
Get a guide in multiple languages or contact the Curbside Hotline at 503-823-7202.