Download Update Packet #192
This packet includes only the pages affected by the update. Please note, subsequent updates may have modified these pages. The links to chapters in the chart below will provide the current version of the chapter.
- Nan Stark: 503‐823‐3986
- Eric Engstrom: 503‐823‐3329
This project streamlines the regulations for development of affordable housing on Conditional Use sites. New regulations include these amendments to the regulations in 33.815, Conditional Uses, and 33.820, Conditional Use Master Plans:
Exemption from Conditional Use review for:
- Development of affordable housing.
- Repurposing up to 50 percent of parking areas on Conditional Use sites for affordable housing.
- Increases of up to 2,000 square-feet of new floor area.
- Reducing the site boundary.
- Maximum of Type II review when Conditional Use review is required, for development of affordable housing.
- Type II review for some alterations to an existing conditional use.
Changes in chapters 33.281, Schools and School Sites and 33.667, Property Line Adjustment:
- 33.281, Schools and School Sites: exemption from Conditional Use review for increases of up to 2,000 square-feet of new floor area; Type II review for changes of up to 25 percent of existing floor area.
- 33.667, Property Line Adjustment: exemption from lot size and lot line length regulations on Conditional Use sites.
A series of unrelated typos is also corrected herein.
Contents of Update Packet #192 (effective June 18, 2020):
|Chapter||Remove Pages||Insert Pages||Changed because of|
|120||All||All||Typos (bullet formatting)|
|130||1-2, Map 130-3||1-2, Map 130-3||Typos|
|561||Maps 561-1-4||Maps 561-1-4||Typos|
Explore the new City of Portland Zoning App
Interact with the map to explore zoning details or search for an address. This app also holds high-level summaries of base zones, overlay zones, plan districts, historic and conservation districts, and natural resource management plans in the City of Portland.
Interactive maps make it easier to explore this information. The official Title 33, Planning and Zoning (Zoning Code) is the printed copy in the Development Services Center. PDFs available on this website are not the official text of Title 33, Planning and Zoning. Although every effort is made to ensure that the two texts are identical, errors or differences may remain. It is the user's responsibility to verify the legal accuracy of all provisions.
To download the complete Zoning Code, visit: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/zoningcode
Suggestions on how to improve these notifications? Send us an email.