Payment Run Review Process (Check or ACH)
Items to review:
- All direct entry invoices.
- Sample population* for PO related invoices.
*Sample size depends on volume of batch payments and/or dollar amount; threshold for criteria at the discretion of Central Accounting at the time of processing.
What we will block:
- Any discrepancy between the invoice and the entry
- Vendor name
- Remit to address
- Other issues
- Invoice stacking
- Using a statement as an invoice
- Including the prior balance as part of the invoice entry
- Memos used as an invoice
- Advances treated as a regular invoice
- Invoices that are not legible
- Invoices that are not entered based on the original information (e.g. Hand written changes)
- Invoices that should be based on a purchase order entered as a direct entry
- Invoices that put someone at risk due public information access
- Payments through general payables for City employees
- Invoice not attached
- City of Portland or its bureaus not listed as the customer