The Drinking Water Advisory Project for the regional Water Providers Consortium alerts residents to possible water contamination events. During a non-event, residents can look up and find out who their regional water provider is. During an active event, residents are alerted and directed to enter their address into the tool which will notify them, based on their location, whether or not they are in the affected area.
This project is a significant enhancement to PublicAlerts.org, the City's emergency notification site. PublicAlerts.org is managed by PBEM, the Portland Bureau of Emergency Management.
- Drupal Site
- Leafletjs for lightweight mobile friendly mapping
- PortlandMaps.com for GeoCoding
- GDAL for accepting shapefiles and doing transformations to GeoJSON
- GDAL for accepting ESRIJSON and doing transformations to GeoJSON
- TwitterBootstrap mobile friendly framework