The purpose of this project is to implement an enterprise asset management solution for property and facilities, and to better systematically support project management.
- Invest in building an enterprise asset management foundation that could potentially be used by other bureaus, as well as building internal staffing and resources to support this functionality.
- Create a central, accessible repository of all City of Portland properties to provide on-demand information for decision making, and responding to internal and external audits around City properties.
- Integration with ESRI GIS mapping functionality, and a mobile solution SAP Work Manager
- Increase transparency into costs billed to internal customers.
- Opportunity for clearer maintenance cost collection, more robust reporting, and better asset management strategies and planning.
- Improve tracking and management of project costs, budgets, and schedules.
- Stronger Internal controls around inventoried items
Executive Sponsors made the decision in May 2017 to delay the SAP Enterprise Asset Management project until the New Year 2018. Additional information will be communicated once a start date is established.
The EAM Contract between the City of Portland and LSI Consulting was signed and approved on May 4th, 2017. The ordinance was previously authorized by City council on October 12th, 2016.
The EBS team went to the Technology Oversight Committee (TOC) on a monthly basis starting in October. This offered the independent five-member citizen advisory committee the opportunity to review and ask questions about the contract as well as Project details. The TOC presents quarterly reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and City Council. The EAM Project will be monitored by the TOC as well as a quality assurance firm.
- Satish Nath, EBS Support Manager
- Bryant Enge, BIBS Director
- Cindy DeLozier, FILO Lead
- David O'Longaigh, Facilities Services Division Manager
- Aaron Diamond, EBS
- Phil Marchbanks, Functional Lead
- Thang Ngo, Technical Lead
- Charlie Dudley, Training & Change Management