City of Portland Cybersecurity highlights:
- The City continues to protect and manage City technology networks, servers and computers with robust security capabilities. The City is able to protect laptops even when they are 'off' the City network.
- Please remember that on Wednesdays to leave your laptops powered on so that they can collect the patches and updates they need.
- In addition, BTS teams are deploying expanded secure remote access services (VPN) and encouraging all City employees to use Office-365 access whenever possible.
COVID-19 Websites Cyber threats
Not all COVID-19 websites are safe. 48,000 COVID-19 related web domains have been registered this year.
Scammers are eager to cash in on the pandemic.
If you'd like the scary details, Sophos has an article for you: https://news.sophos.com/en-us/2020/03/24/covidmalware/
FBI resource: https://www.fbi.gov/coronavirus
COVID-19 Malware and Ransomware threats
Not only are there misleading websites there are a myriad of malware and ransomware threats. Several links are included, below, to narrow your research.
Quick To Do List:
- Don't Click on unfamiliar hyperlinks
- Don't download unsolicited attachments
- Don't provide confidential information without verifying the request
- Remember that BTS HelpDesk will never ask for your password
- Remember that no one should ever ask for your username and password, or ask to use them. Ever.
- Contact the HelpDesk immediately if you think you may have been phished. 503.823.5199
COVID-19 malware and ransomware resources:
Be safe when you go outside, and when you go online.