Informational: Technology Communication
New Outlook Phishing Alert Button (PAB)
We are releasing a Phishing Alert Button (PAB) to both Outlook and the Office 365 web client. This feature will make it easier to report suspicious emails to BTS for review and take necessary action. Clicking on this button will report the suspicious email to BTS and delete the email from your mailbox. No further action is required from the user, like forwarding the email or opening a helpdesk ticket to report the suspicious email.
The below pictures show this feature option in different email clients.
- New button added to the Outlook and browser clients
- Clicking on the button will report the e-mail to Helpdesk and Information Security
- Clicking on the button will delete the email
- Clicking on the button for a suspicious e-mail, will not generate a helpdesk ticket
- E-mails reported in a pop-out window will need to be closed manually
The button does not replace the reporting requirement if you click the link or open the suspicious email's attachment
- Please reference QA Knowledge Article KCS6539
- Please reference Knowledge Article KCS6613
- Please reference Escalation Article KCS6607