Providing strategic and financial services to help the OMF bureaus achieve their goals
City Council members and candidates can find materials and resources to support their transition into new roles.
OMF designates OMF Navigators to provide a timely and accurate response to requests for service, guiding the requestor to the right OMF contact person or service provider. Find out more about navigator guidelines and contact information here.
The Innovation Fund was created in 2013, with the original goal to inspire City employees to think creatively, take risks, and identify solutions that fall outside of usual business practices. The fund was active from FY 2013-14 through FY 2015-16.
Senior Business Operations Manager Jane Braaten's presentation on strategic management for the 2015 OMF Leaders Session
This is a commissioned review of the current and proposed structure of the City’s Office of Management and Finance.
Learn more about the functions and services of Business Operations
Staff provide a variety of meeting facilitation and logistical support to several OMF and Council-appointed commitees.
- City Business Hour
- OMF Advisory Committee
- OMF Equity Committee
- OMF Green Team (sustainability committee)
- OMF Labor Management Committee (LMC)
- Portland Building Community Oversight Committee
- Public Safety General Obligation Bond Independent Citizen Committee (ICC)
- Socially Responsible Investment Committee
- Technology Executive Steering Committee
- Technology Oversight Committee (TOC)
All Business Operations employees should be familiar with these division procedures