Consider hosting an educational event in Fall/Winter in preparation for next year's budget. Your voice can help us identify what City services are most important to Portland residents!
Phase One: Budget 101 and 201 Trainings
- Knowledge about City services and budgeting to empower residents.
- Budget 101 is an overview of the budget process and opportunities for involvement.
- Budget 201 looks more in-depth at a budget-related topic of the group’s choice.
- City staff can attend your community group meeting to present training and facilitate discussion.
- Budget 101 and 201 educational sessions run Fall-Spring.
Phase Two: Host a Budget Event: Put Knowledge into Practice
- Host your own community event to discuss budget priorities and the City of Portland will match up to $300 toward the cost of space rental, materials, and food for each event.
- Collaboration of 2-3 community groups is recommended, and your groups conduct outreach and planning.
- City budget staff facilitate the events and address your budget questions.
- Great chance for your community group to voice your opinion about budget decisions currently being proposed by City bureaus.
To apply or for more information contact:
Sarah Diffenderfer 503-823-6925