City Council is listening! Join the community and City Council for virtual events and hearings focused on the City of Portland budget.
- Monday, March 29, 6:00pm-8:00pm – Community Listening Session on Housing and Houselessness
- Monday, April 12, 6:00pm-8:00pm – Community Listening Session on Economic Stabilization and Recovery
- Saturday, April 17, 10:00am-12:00pm – Community Listening Session on Community Safety
- Wednesday, May 5, 6:00pm-8:00pm – Mayor's Proposed Budget Hearing
- Thursday, May 13, 2:00pm-5:00pm – Approved Budget Hearing
- Wednesday, May 19, 2:00-3:30pm – Utility Rate Hearing
- Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 9:30- 11:30am – Second Hearing on the Tax Levy Approval (Second Reading - no public testimony)
- Tuesday, June 8, 9:30-11:30am – Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission Hearing on the Approved Budget
- Wednesday, June 9, 2:00-5:00pm – Adopted Budget Hearing (First Reading)
- Thursday, June 17, 2:00pm – Adopted Budget Hearing (Second Reading - no public testimony)
Participate in the Hearings
City Council is meeting to hear community comments on the budget. Comments will be given by electronic communication (internet connection or telephone). The meeting is available to the community on the City's YouTube Channel, eGov PDX, www.portlandoregon.gov/video, and Channel 30.
To comment: Apply to comment at the Auditor's Office website at https://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/26997. This must be done in advance; comment applications are due at 4:00pm the day before the meetings.
Under Portland City Code and state law, the City Council is holding these meetings electronically. All members of City Council are attending remotely by internet connection or telephone. The City provides several options for the public to listen to the audio broadcast of this meeting. The meeting is available to the public on the City's YouTube Channel, eGov PDX, www.portlandoregon.gov/video, and Channel 30.
The Council is taking these steps as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to limit in-person contact and promote physical distancing. The pandemic is an emergency that threatens the public health, safety and welfare which requires us to meet remotely by electronic communications. Thank you all for your patience, flexibility, and understanding as we manage through this difficult situation.
Questions and Accessibility Requests
The City of Portland is committed to providing meaningful access. To request translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, or other auxiliary aids or services, contact 503-823-1125, Relay: 711.
(503) 823-1125: 笔译服务| Chiaku me Awewen Kapas | अनुवादन तथा व्याख्या |Устный и письменный перевод | Turjumaad iyo Fasiraad | Traducción e Interpretación | Письмовий і усний переклад | Biên Dịch và Thông Dịch |