Use this form to submit comments or suggestions about the City's budgetRead More…
The following tips may help in formulating your budget testimony to the City Council. You may submit written testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org, submit a comment through our online form, or testify in person at a budget forum or hearing.
Written Budget Testimony:
- May be submitted in person or via email (address above). You may also submit testimony through our Comment Form.
- Please provide a concise description of the matter concerning you.
- The City Budget Office will forward your written testimony to all members of City Council.
- Please provide your name and zipcode.
- Attend a Community Budget Forum or City Budget Hearing for an opportunity to testify in person.
- The time limit for in-person testimony is usually two minutes per person.
- At some events more residents want to testify than time allows. It is a good idea to bring written testimony to a budget event in case you do not have the chance to speak. Only one copy is necessary, as written testimony submitted to budget staff at the event will be distributed to all members of council.
City Council will vote on an Approved Budget at a regular meeting in May. A vote to adopt the final budget follows in June. Please be sure to track the "Get Involved" page for more detailed information and additional opportunities to participate in the budget process. Thank you for your participation!
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination in any City program, service, or activity on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or disability. To help ensure access to City programs, services, and activities, the City of Portland reasonably: provides language translation and interpretation for limited English proficiency individuals; modifies policies and procedures; and, provides auxiliary aids, services and/or alternative formats to persons with disabilities. To request an accommodation, modification, translation, interpretation or language service; to file a complaint; or for additional information or questions on Civil Rights Title VI (race, color, national origin protections) and ADA Title II (protections for people with disabilities) matters (nondiscrimination in public City programs, services, activities): contact Alexandra Martin by phone at 503.823.6925, TTY at 503.823.6868, or Oregon Relay Service at 711.