(Chapter added by Ordinance No. 186028, effective May 15, 2013.)
The purpose of this Chapter is to describe the duties and responsibilities of the Portland Housing Bureau.
The Portland Housing Bureau is administered by the Commissioner-in-Charge and led by the Director of the Portland Housing Bureau. The organization is structured to carry out its functions.
The Portland Housing Bureau is responsible for housing policy, its implementation, and the distribution and oversight of public and other funds that address the housing interests of the City, and related programs and services.
A. The Portland Housing Bureau:
1. Works with the City Council, other bureaus, and the community to develop a vision for housing in the City of Portland;
2. Convenes government, community and stakeholders to coordinate planning for addressing homelessness, housing, and related activities;
3. Develops, modifies, evaluates and updates City policy in accordance with planning priorities;
4. Develops, modifies and updates community programs related to housing;
5. Distributes funds in accordance with planning, policy and program priorities to advance the City’s interests in housing;
6. Monitors the City’s investment in Portland’s affordable housing infrastructure for compliance with funding goals and the proactive management of the assets;
7. Monitors programs funded through the Bureau for compliance with funding goals;
8. Identifies the resources required to support the City’s housing policies, programs, and priorities;
9. Provides support for the Portland Housing Advisory Commission (Chapter 3.38);
10. Carries out other tasks and functions as required by the City Council or Commissioner-in-Charge.