GENERAL INFORMATION: 503-823-4000
It is unlawful to make any excessive, unreasonable, or unusually loud sound which disturbs the peace and quiet of any neighborhood or which injures or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace, or safety of any person.
A. It is unlawful to operate or use or permit the use of any sound producing equipment:
1. Between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. so as to be plainly audible within any dwelling unit which is not the source of the sound; or
2. While on public property so as to be plainly audible 100 feet or more from the device.
B. Sound producing equipment includes but is not limited to any radio, television set, musical instrument, phonograph, loud speaker, bell or chime.
It is unlawful for any person other than a police officer or designee to possess or operate a vehicle marked or identified by the word "police" or any other marking, insignia, or equipment identifying it as a police vehicle.
It is unlawful for any person not a regular member of the police force of the City to use in any manner a City of Portland police officer’s badge, or any replica or imitation thereof, except by special permission of the Chief of Police.
It is unlawful for any person to torture, torment, beat, kick, strike, choke, cut, stab, stone, shoot, mutilate, injure, disable, kill, or tamper with any animal while it is being caged, kenneled, transported, exhibited, exercised, or used in discharging or attempting to discharge any lawful duty or function or power of office, by any police officer or his or her representative, for any police agency.
It is unlawful for any unauthorized person to have in his or her possession or use any tool, key, implement, or device designed for forcing, breaking, or otherwise gaining entry to a pay telephone coin box, coin vending machine, parking meter or other coin-operated machine or device.
(Added by Ordinance No. 188632, effective October 4, 2017.)
A. It is unlawful to sell, lease, rent, loan, donate or otherwise transfer physical possession of a recreational vehicle that:
1. Contains a waste water system or fuel system that leaks waste water or fuel; or
2. Contains a waste water system or fuel system that is damaged in a manner that would cause a reasonable person to conclude that the damaged waste water system or fuel system could not operate normally without leaking waste water or fuel.
B. The provisions of Section 14A.30.070 do not apply to:
1. Transfers of recreational vehicles to repair facilities that are registered to do business in the State of Oregon or vehicle dismantlers certified in accordance with ORS 822.110;
2. Transfers of recreational vehicles to tow vehicle operators for the purpose of transferring recreational vehicles to repair facilities that are registered to do business in the State of Oregon or vehicle dismantlers certified in accordance with ORS 822.110;
3. Transfers of recreational vehicles to repair facilities or dismantlers located outside of the City of Portland;
4. Transfers of recreation vehicles to a federal agency or a public body as defined by ORS 174.109; or
5. Transfers of recreational vehicles by lawful repossession, court order, administrative order, operation of law, governmental action.
1. As used in this Section, “fuel” means any gas or liquid used to assist in propulsion, cooling, lubrication, environmental control, refrigeration, or cooking.
2. As used in this Section, “fuel system” means any system designed to contain or convey fuel.
3. As used in this Section, “leak” and “leaking” mean a release of any fuel or waste water from a waste water system or fuel system in a manner inconsistent with the original recreational vehicle manufacturer’s design.
4. As used in this Section, “recreational vehicle” means a recreational vehicle as defined by PCC Section 16.90.290.
5. As used in this Section, “transfer” means any conveyance of a recreational vehicle from the transferor to the transferee with the consent of the transferee.
6. As used in this Section, “waste water” means any sewage or liquid wastes, including kitchen, bath, toilet, and laundry wastes.
7. As used in this Section, “waste water system” means any system designed to contain or convey waste water.