A. All heating equipment, including that used for cooking, water heating, dwelling heat, and clothes drying shall be:
1. Properly installed, connected, and maintained in safe condition and good working order;
2. Free from leaks and obstructions and kept functioning properly so as to be free from fire, health, and accident hazards; and
3. Capable of performing the function for which they are designed.
B. Every dwelling shall have a heating facility capable of maintaining a room temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit at a point 3 feet from the floor in all habitable rooms.
1. Portable heating devices may not be used to meet the dwelling heat requirements of this Title.
2. No inverted or open flame fuel-burning heater shall be permitted. All heating devices or appliances shall be of an approved type.
C. All mechanical repairs and installations shall be made in accordance with the provisions of Title 27 (Heating and Ventilating Requirements.)