LABOR AGREEMENT - PORTLAND POLICE COMMANDING OFFICERS ASSOCIATION - 2006-2010
Binding City Policy
The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and the PPCOA have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2006
through June 30, 2010
2. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by securing a four-year successor labor Agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by establishing a long-term formula for employee involvement in the cost of health benefits and maintaining a period of stability in the program. Under the terms of the 2006-2010 labor Agreement, the cost of health care contributions will be shared between the City and members of the bargaining unit.
4. The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and ties total compensation to the Consumer Price Index. General wage increases will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain as provided in the 2003-2006 labor Agreement.
6. The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and the PPCOA relating to terms and conditions of employment of certain represented employees in the PPCOA bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this Ordinance marked Exhibit "A"
which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Ordinance No. 180042 passed by City Council and effective April 5, 2006.