LABOR AGREEMENT - DISTRICT COUNCIL OF TRADE UNIONS - 2006-2010
Binding City Policy
The Council finds:
1. Representatives of the City and the DCTU have signed a Tentative Agreement that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for certain represented employees for the period of July 1, 2006 through June 30, 2010.
2. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by securing a four-year successor labor Agreement and agreeing to wage increases, health benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
3. The agreement meets the City’s bargaining interests by establishing a formula for employee involvement in the cost of health benefits and maintaining a period of stability in the program. Beginning July 1, 2006 health care contributions will be shared between the City and members of the bargaining unit.
4. The agreement continues to apply the principles of total compensation as the basis for bargaining all monetary subjects and ties total compensation to the Consumer Price Index. General wage increases will continue to be tied to the Portland CPI-W.
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain as provided in the 2004-2006 labor Agreement.
6.The terms and conditions shall be reduced to a labor agreement which the Mayor and Auditor should be authorized to execute.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The Mayor and Auditor are authorized to execute a labor agreement between the City and the DCTU relating to terms and conditions of employment of represented employees in the DCTU bargaining unit.
b. Said contract to conform to the provisions in the Tentative Agreement attached to this
Ordinance marked Exhibit "A"
which by this reference is made a part hereof.
c. This ordinance is a binding City policy.
Ordinance No. 180043 passed and effective April 5, 2006.