BES CLEAN RIVER REWARDS STORMWATER DISCOUNT PROGRAM ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureau of Environmental Services Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 317 kb). What follows is the Table of Contents and an excerpt from the administrative rules:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
4. Eligibility Requirements
5. Calculating Discount Awards
6. Adjustments to Customer Billing Accounts
9. Administrative Review
A. Staff Report
These are the administrative rules for the Bureau of Environmental Services Clean River Rewards Stormwater Discount Program.
All current City of Portland stormwater fee ratepayers are eligible for receiving discounts for onsite stormwater management facilities. Rewards include discounts on current, active and eligible utility accounts.
Clean River Rewards fulfills a commitment made by Council with the adoption of stormwater rate reforms in April 2000. The Council established fundamental goals for Clean River Rewards:
• Provide itemized stormwater bills so that ratepayers are better informed about the uses of stormwater management charges.
• Provide an opportunity for ratepayers to control the size of their stormwater bill by taking actions to manage stormwater runoff onsite.
Additionally, Clean River Rewards achieves the following Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) policy goals:
• Increase the equity, fairness and controllability of stormwater management charges;
• Advance City environmental policies and commitments set forth in the Clean River Plan, City Response to the Endangered Species Act, Sustainable Development Policies, Stormwater Management Manual and Stormwater NPDES municipal permit; and
• Protect and enhance the long-term financial stability of the stormwater utility by promoting private stormwater management and reducing the operating and maintenance demands of public facilities.
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 317 kb)
Adopted by the Director of the Bureau of Environmental Services October 30, 2006.
Filed for inclusion in PPD October 30, 2006.
Amended by the Director of the Bureau of Environmental Services June 11, 2012.
Amended by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services May 23, 2014.
Amended by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services January 8, 2015.
Amended by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services March 12, 2019.
Amended by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services July 17, 2019.