(Amended by Ordinance No. 172788, effective November 13, 1998.)
A. Except where shorter notice is allowed by this title, notice for vehicles which require prior notice before towing must be provided by:
1. Affixing a tow warning to the vehicle at least 10 days prior to the tow; and
2. Mailing a notice to the registered owner(s) and any other persons who reasonably appear to have an interest in the vehicle within 48 hours, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays excluded, after the tow warning is affixed to the vehicle.
B. The tow warning and the mailed notice will state that:
1. The vehicle is parked in violation of City Code;
2. The City intends to tow and remove the vehicle if the violation is not corrected; and
3. A hearing is available to contest the validity of the intended tow, and the method of requesting a hearing, including the date by which a hearing may be requested.
C. If a timely request for hearing is received pursuant to Subsection 16.30.400, the vehicle will not be towed until the Tow Hearings Officer makes a determination.