FY 2008-09 GRANTS FUND MAJOR SUPPLEMENTAL BUDGET
Binding City Policy
Link to Attachment 1 (PDF Document, 16 kb)
Link to Memorandum (PDF Document, 60 kb)
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The design of the new enterprise business system, components of which will go live on November 26, 2008, requires a change in the way the City budgets grants. The Grants Fund will no longer transfer grant revenue to other funds for expenditure; rather, all grant expenditures will be made directly out of the Grants Fund.
2. This modification is purely technical and will not change the purposes for which grant funds are spent.
3. Budget amendments necessary to effect this change require the City to prepare a major supplemental budget, as defined by ORS 294.480. In accordance with the provisions of ORS 294.480(6), the City submitted a proposed major supplemental budget for the Grants Fund to the Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission (TSCC) on November 3, 2008.
4. The TSCC held a public hearing on the proposed major supplemental budget on November 10, 2008.
5. The FY 2008-09 major supplemental budget for the Grants Fund must now be adopted by Council to become effective.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2008-09 major supplemental budget for the Grants Fund is hereby adopted.
a. Expenditure amounts for the Grants Fund are hereby appropriated for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2008 as listed in Attachment 1 (Grants Fund Appropriation Schedule: FY 2008-09). This appropriation schedule replaces the previous schedule adopted by Council on June 26, 2008.
b. This ordinance is binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because amendments to appropriations and requirements must be in place when the new enterprise business system goes live; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after November 26, 2008.
Emergency Ordinance No. 182325, passed by City Council November 12, 2008 and effective November 26, 2008.