(Amended by Ordinance Nos. 178282 and 183750, effective June 4, 2010.) As used in this Title, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
A. “Bureau” or “Portland Parks and Recreation” means the Bureau of Parks and Recreation of the City of Portland.
B. “Commissioner” means the Commissioner in Charge of Portland Parks and Recreation. Wherever this Title grants authority to or places responsibility on the Commissioner, that authority or responsibility may be exercised by any person designated by the Commissioner.
C. “Council” means the City Council of the City of Portland, Oregon.
D. “Director” means the Director of Portland Parks and Recreation, or the Bureau head, however designated. Wherever this Title grants authority to or places responsibility on the Director, that authority or responsibility may be exercised by any person designated by the Director.
E. “Park” means any publicly or privately owned real property, and the buildings, structures and facilities thereon, placed under the jurisdiction of Portland Parks and Recreation for park or recreational purposes, and includes all land granted to the City for such purposes.
F. “Parks Reservation Center” means the person or persons authorized by the Director to receive, process, issue or deny permits for the use of any Park.
G. "Park Officer" means any of the following, while acting in the scope of employment, agency or duty:
1. Any employee or agent of Portland Parks and Recreation;
2. Any peace officer as defined by Oregon law and any reserve officer of the Portland Police Bureau;
3. Any person providing security services in any Park pursuant to any contract with the City when the contract delegates such exclusion authority, or providing security services pursuant to any contract with any person, firm or corporation managing the Park on the City's behalf;
4. Golf Course concessionaires and their employees;
5. In the South Park Blocks, any public safety employee of Portland State University;
6. Any person specifically designated in writing as a "Park Officer" by the Commissioner or by the Director.
H. “Field permitting Organization.” Any entity that permits or assigns permitting duties for organized sports use (as defined in Section 33.910.030) on public parks and public schools (as described in Section 33.920.480). Sections 20.04.050 through 20.04.080 of this Chapter shall apply to any site owned or operated by any school district in the City of Portland, whether or not Portland Parks and Recreation is the field permitting organization for that site.