LABOR AGREEMENT - AFSCME LOCAL 189 - LETTER OF AGREEMENT FOR CAROLYNE HAYCRAFT
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. The City and the District Council of Trade Unions (DCTU), of which the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Local 189 is a member union, are parties to a Collective Bargaining Agreement effective July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2013.
2. AFSCME, Local 189 is the sole collective bargaining agent for the classifications of Crime Prevention Representative and Crime Prevention Program Administrator at the Portland Police Bureau.
3. Employees covered by the City-DCTU Labor Agreement are hired at the entry rate for the job classifications listed in Schedule A. The 2011-12 entry rate for the Crime Prevention Program Administrator classification is $21.32 per hour. The 2012-13 entry rate for Crime Prevention Program Administrator classification is $22.02 per hour.
4. The Portland Police Bureau’s Family Services Division hired Carolyne Haycraft in a Crime Prevention Representative position on November 19, 2008, on a temporary basis. Under the terms of the CBA, Ms. Haycraft was eligible for wage increases.
5. The Crime Prevention Representative position was reclassified to Crime Prevention Program Administrator on November 1, 2011. Ms. Haycraft competed for the reclassified position and was hired on February 17, 2012. As a Crime Prevention Representative, Ms. Haycraft’s wage rate was higher than the established entry rate for the Crime Prevention Program Administrator.
6. On July 11, 2012, the City and AFSCME, Local 189 entered into a Letter of Agreement (LOA) that allows the City to hire Ms. Haycraft into the Crime Prevention Program Administrator classification at the Year 2 rate, retroactive to February 17, 2012. The 2011-12 Year 2 rate for the Crime Prevention Program Administrator classification is $25.84 per hour. The 2012-13 Year 2 rate for Crime Prevention Program Administrator classification is $26.69 per hour.
NOW, THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The LOA between the City and AFSCME, Local 189 attached hereto as Exhibit A is hereby ratified by this Council.
b. The Portland Police Bureau is authorized to fund the Year 2 pay rate for Ms. Haycraft within current service level budgets for the period February 17, 2012 to June 30, 2012 and July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
c. This ordinance is binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because delay would create problems in determining overtime pay; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by the Council.
Exhibit A - Letter of Agreement (PDF Document, 145 kb)
Emergency Ordinance No. 185543, passed by City Council and effective August 22, 2012.