ADOPT BUDGET ADJUSTMENTS AND ESTABLISH APPROPRIATION AUTHORITY FOR THE ARTS EDUCATION AND ACCESS FUND AND PRIVATE FOR-HIRE TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM REFORMS
Binding City Policy
Section 1. The Council finds:
1. Council approved Resolution #36939 to refer an Arts Education and Access Income Tax to voters on the November 6, 2012 General Election ballot.
2. Voters approved the Arts Education and Access Income Tax at the November 6, 2012 General Election, thereby adding section 5.04.510 to City Code and creating the Arts Education and Access Fund.
3. The purpose of the fund is to receive gross revenues received from the Arts Education and Access Income Tax and provide the Net Revenues to the school districts and to the Regional Arts and Culture Council solely for the purposes established in Chapter 5.73 of City Code.
4. Council approved ordinance #185723 to establish reforms in the Private For-Hire Transportation program and increase taxi company and vehicle fees via ordinance #185721.
5. It is necessary to create the appropriation for the Arts Education and Access Fund and Private For-Hire Transportation program reforms in order to prevent delays in program implementation and hiring.
NOW THEREFORE, the Council directs:
a. The FY 2012-13 Appropriation Schedule is hereby amended to include appropriation authority for the newly established Arts Education and Access Fund and Transportation for Hire program reforms.
b. The FY 2012-13 budget is hereby amended as follows:
Office of Management and Finance:
Business Area MF
Bureau Program Expense $46,454
Business Area MF
Bureau Program Expense $762,500
c. The number of authorized regular positions in the FY 2012-13 Adopted Budget is hereby amended as follows:
Office of Management and Finance: 6.5 FTE
d. The actions amending the FY 2012-13 budget contained in this ordinance are binding City policy.
Section 2. The Council declares that an emergency exists because a delay would significantly impede the hiring of positions necessary to implement the Arts Education and Access Income Tax and Private For-Hire Transportation reforms; therefore, this ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage by Council.
Emergency Ordinance No. 185859, passed by City Council and effective January 16, 2013.