MAINTENANCE INSPECTION PROGRAM ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
Administrative Rules Adopted by Bureau of Environmental Services Pursuant to Rule-Making Authority
Link to Full Text of Administrative Rules (PDF Document, 316 kb). What follows is the Table of Contents and an excerpt from the administrative rules:
4. Regulatory Authority
5. Operations and Maintenance Plans and Revisions
7. Onsite Stormwater System and SMF Modifications
8. Reporting Requirements
9. Violation Investigations
10. Violation Classifications
11. Enforcement Tools
12. Penalties and Cost Recovery
13. Administrative Review and Appeal
These are administrative rules for the Bureau of Environmental Services (BES) Maintenance Inspection Program (MIP).
These rules apply to stormwater management facilities (SMFs) and source controls required by public works permits or the City’s Stormwater Management Manual (SWMM) Portland Policy Document (PPD) item ENB-4.01.
These rules regulate source controls and SMF operation and maintenance (O & M) and implement the applicable requirements of Portland City Code (PCC) Chapter 17.38. These rules are implemented in conjunction with the BES Enforcement Program Administrative Rules (PPD item ENB-4.15) and support the following City program goals:
• Control or prevent pollution at the source.
• Minimize potential negative water quality and flow impacts to the City’s sanitary, combined or storm sewer and drainage system.
• Ensure that SMFs are operated and maintained in accordance with the City’s pollution prevention and stormwater management goals.
Adopted by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services September 20, 2013.
Filed for inclusion in PPD September 20, 2013.
Amended by Director of Bureau of Environmental Services July 17, 2019.