(Amended by Ordinance No. 186746, effective August 6, 2014.) As used in this Chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
A. “Amusement device” means any machine, device, or game, including foosball or table soccer games, billiards or pool tables, shuffleboard, shooting gallery devices, miniature bowling games, electronic games of skill, video games, and other similar machines, devices, or games:
1. Which are made available for display or operation; and,
2. Which require the payment of money or other valuable consideration.
3. “Amusement device” shall not include:
a. Ping pong tables, music devices, vending machines, or any rides where no element of chance, bonus, or prize is involved; or
b. Video lottery games, game terminals and equipment operated directly by the Oregon Lottery Commission as a state agency.
B. “AmusementCenter” means any location where a person makes seven or more amusement devices available for operation or play at any one time, but excluding any location that:
1. Derives at least 50 percent of its gross income from the sale of food; or,
2. Possesses a current, valid license authorizing the on‑premises consumption of alcoholic beverages; or,
3. Is operated primarily as a movie theater, bowling alley, skating rink, or other similar establishment, which displays or operates amusement devices only during the hours that such establishment makes its primary service or activity available to the public.
C. “Director” means the Director of the Bureau of Revenue and Financial Services Revenue Division, or his or her designee.
D. “Display or operation” means to make any amusement device available to the public for use or play, for the purposes of displaying or exercising skill or for amusement, at any public or private location.
E. “Location” means any business establishment, public or private club, association, or any other site where a person makes any amusement device available for display or operation, excepting only private residences in which such amusement devices are available only for display or operation at no cost to the player.
F. “Person” means any real person, or any partnership, association, corporation, or other form of business organization.