A. Each Publication Box charging a fee shall be equipped with a coin return mechanism to permit the person using the machine to secure an immediate refund in the event she/he is unable to receive the Publication paid for. The coin return mechanisms shall be maintained in good working order. (Does not apply to Publication Boxes used for distributing free Publications.)
B. Each Publication Box shall have affixed to it in a readily visible place so as to be seen by anyone using the Publication Box a notice setting forth the name and business address of the Distributor and the telephone number of a working telephone service to call to report a violating condition, a malfunction, or to secure a refund in the event of a malfunction of the coin return mechanism. In a Co-located Publication Box the required information shall be for the permittee of the box.
C. Each Publication Box shall be sufficiently weighted, or attached to a sign post, street light or signal/utility pole as per, Subsection 17.46.030 B., or to another Publication Box to provide stability and safety.
D. Publication Boxes may not have free-flying materials attached to them, such as balloons, windsocks, papers, etc.
E. Each Publication Box shall be maintained in a neat and clean condition and in good repair at all times. Specifically, each Publication Box shall be serviced and maintained so that:
1. it is reasonably free of dirt and grease;
2. it is reasonably free of chipped, faded, peeling and cracked paint;
3. it is reasonably free of rust and corrosion;
4. it is reasonably free of graffiti, litter and other debris;
5. clear plastic or glass parts are unbroken and reasonably free of cracks, dents, blemishes and discoloration;
6. paper or cardboard parts or inserts are reasonably free of tears, peeling or fading;
7. structural parts are not broken or unduly misshapen.